Search This Blog

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen



Decidedly in love with the newest film version of Pride and Prejudice (2005) staring Keira Knightley and Matthew MacFadyen, I could not resist finally delving into the literature which led to such a movie. First I must say that I had seen a previous version of Pride and Prejudice and found it confusing and uninteresting. The new version was easier to understand and with a wonderful cast and soundtrack, I fell in love. Jane Austen is amazingly witty, clever, romantic. I was so impressed by her writing that I started to think and want to speak in her dialect and wished for her wit so direly. There is not much more I can say of such a wonderful novel that hasn't been said yet to this day for the last 197 years. I had difficulty in adjusting to the dialect though since I haven't read much anything like it. At 334 pages long it took me about 3 days to read. 5/5 Stars! A must read for anyone.


I loved the dance scene the most in both book and movie. :) --->

No comments:

Post a Comment