Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A Hopeful Heart by Kim Vogel Sawyer


The cover on this book caught my attention. The girl pictured looked alot like Keira Knightenly. So I picked it up and found the location given for the setting to be; Barnett,Kansas. I'm not from Barnett, but I am from Kansas. So I picked up the delightful Christian historical romance.
K.V. Sawyer makes us fall in love with little Miss Tressa within the first three pages, technically pages 7, 8, and 9 because some how the page numbers 1-6 were skipped. :P lol. At 344 pages long (minus 6 pages that were missing), I read this book in one day. The wonderful story line of girls from the city heading out to go to school to learn to be ranchers' wives was unique and wonderful. We read about girls being boughten as brides in those days by ranchers and such. This is the first time I've read of girls going to learn to be ranchers wives and then being matched off. I liked this idea better than the buying of brides. Anyways, this book has wonderful mystery, some action adventure and a little romance. It wasn't nearly as romantic as I'd prefer, yet I still enjoyed it.
4/5 Stars! If you enjoy historical romances, then I recommend it for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment