Search This Blog

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Polgara the Sorceress by David and Leigh Eddings




This is the story told from Polgara's point of view. As with Balgarath the Sorcerer, we get the same time line nearly and also the nice little brief glimpses into life for Belgarion and his family after everything has happened. I find that after reading Polgara the Sorceress, I actually like Polgara more. She isn't really all that likable in the series except that you feel you must love her since Garion does. It might have been David and Leigh Eddings way of making Polgara shine the way they had really wanted her to. I found myself depressed at times during the story and other times annoyed with Polgara that she'd act so bossy, or rude to even her father. I suppose she may have had good reason to act that way, but I found that I didn't like her in those spots. I like Belgarath alot. Maybe I'm just biased. Anyways, a very nice contribution to the end of the line of books of Belgarion's life. 4/5 Stars!!

No comments:

Post a Comment