Search This Blog

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Belgarath the Sorcerer by David and Leigh Eddings






It's been a while since I have written a review on a book I'm reading. Not because I haven't been reading but just cuz I've been lazy about typing up the review after I'm done reading. I just kept plowing through from one book to another.

This is David and Leigh Eddings answer to many wanting the back story before the Belgarion and The Mallorean. This is told in first person by Belgarath. At first I thought that this could be read before the Belgariad, but then upon conclusion, decided otherwise. There are too many key things and names dropped by Belgarath during the telling of his story that would ruin the secrets of the Belgariad for a new reader. Over all it was immensely satisfying as a fan of the Belgariad and the Mallorean to read all this back story. It's also a plus that we get a small glimpse into the lives of the characters after the Belgariad and the Mallorean are finished. A great addition to my collection of books from this story line. 5/5 Stars!

I am including several book covers I have found. The first one is the same as the one I own, but the rest I just want to share because I love book cover art. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment