Search This Blog

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Bitter Thistle, Sweet Rose by Ruth Glover


This book is #2 in a series called The Wildrose Series. I have not read any of the other books in this series... yet. This 206 page book was much too short for my liking. It took me maybe 4 hours to read this. I found myself skimming through a lot of parts of the book as the author seemed to go on way to long in description of the landscape and setting. I've never had that happen to me before. I was sorely disappointed with this book as the back of the book suggests that supposedly a young lady named Linn is the main character of this book. Yet, as the story went through it didn't seem to focus even mainly on her, only some. That annoyed me a lot since I had been attracted to read this book by the creation of her character and introduction of her on the back of the book. I am hoping that the 3rd book of this series will carry on about the ending of Linn's story because this book doesn't give a good conclusion for her at all. If you enjoy historic romances set back in pioneer/settler type days with the Christian moralities preaching throughout the book, then I recommend this one for you. This author reminds me of Lauraine Snelling or Janette Oak, but not quite as good. 3/5 Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment