Search This Blog

Saturday, October 24, 2009

The Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind: Wizard's First Rule



Ok, so I started reading The Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind maybe three weeks ago. The first book, Wizard's First Rule, was 573 pages long in the large edition print. I didn't realize it was the first book in a series when I purchased it until later... I read it as a stand alone book not realizing til maybe a week after I finished it that there were many more books in the series. I was excited and annoyed at the same time. I love to read, so when I find a series of books I get excited because it's like a promise of the story to continue longer than usual. Yet, I have come to dread series as well because I read so fast and must have the next book as soon as I'm finished with the one in my hands that my wallet cries everytime I find a new book series. ( I buy my books and keep them to reread later) Well, anyways... Wizard's First Rule was wonderful. It took me 3 days to read. I fell in love with all the characters so quickly. It reminded me some of The Belgariad and The Malloreon by David Eddings...I'll talk about those books in later blogs... Anyways, Richard is a great hero in this tale and you quickly see how he can love Kahlan. Zedd makes a marvalous "all knowing" grandfather figure *wink*wink*. The book flew by before my eyes and I have the gift of being able to see these words in my mind almost as a movie playing before me. Though quite nerve wracking at some points, it was a breathless exilerating journey around Midlands and into the People's Palace. (which btw I love that it's called the People's Palace. In a way, if felt almost like it was my home too. After Richard of course clears it of it's evil...*listens for Zedd's fire and order to walk not run and rethinks that statement* LOL Anyways, if you haven't read this series, I would recommend it so far. It's a great epic fantasy tale. If you have read it. Please leave comments and tell me what you thought about the book. I have finished w/ the 2nd book already last night and started the third today. I will post seperate posts for them. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment